- What is this fundraiser for?
- To raise money for Mesothelioma Research.
- What is Mesothelioma?
- Mesothelioma is a deadly cancer caused from exposure to asbestos.
- Where does the money go?
- When is the fundraiser?
- Saturday, September 8. 2018. Launch time 9:30am. Check in starts 7:30am.
- Is this a race?
- No, we paddle as a group and are escorted by the NYS Police.
- What does it cost?
- $30.00 in advance. $40.00 after August 18th.
- Meso survivors attend for free.
- Do I need my own kayak?
- Can I use my canoe or SUP?
- Where do we launch from?
- How many miles is the paddle?
- How long will it take?
- Depending on times going thru the locks, plan on being on the water for at aproximately 4 hours.
- Will there be a restroom break?
- Where does it end?
- We end at the Halfmoon Lighthouse Park in at 597 Hudson River
Rd. Waterford, NY 12188. (Food and refreshments will be available at the park)
- Since it’s a one way paddle, how do I get back to my car?
- We provide shuttle buses in the morning. Drop kayak at launch site and drive to park to park your car. Shuttle buses will bring you back to launch
- Do I need to wear my PFD?
- How can I help with the event?
- Is there an age limit?
- No, but anyone under 18 will need to have a waiver signed by their parent. Also there needs to be one adult for every child under 18 on the water and escorted
during the event, by that adult signing the waiver.
- Is there a rain date?
- No, this is a rain or shine event.
- Can I participate without kayaking?
- Yes. Register the same as a kayaker would
- Where are people staying from out of town?
- Hilton Garden Inn in Clifton
Park, NY. 518-371-7777
- Meso survivors get one free night. Discounted rooms for all others.